Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Passions and Peaves

My 2 Passions are confoundly simple...
One is to educate people on the truth of abortion. Being active in prayer and deed to do whatever I can to bring an end to the murder of our next generations. The fact that we as a nation are the second largest abortion providers next to China is staggering. Here in my little county in Texas we had 8000 abortions in a year!! Now if we had that number of children die of disease, or were blown up in a bombing we would have 100 committees and activists marching, new laws being written, an entire new security division at the cost of billions of dollars being created....... look at what happened when 3000 innocent people were killed on 9-11. I can't understand why the death of a human being only holds value if we can touch them.
I once believed the lie we all are told. When I was very young I became pregnant and I was told (by my doctor) that since I was less than 3 months along that "it was not a child only tissue...like an appendix".  Once I made the decision to have an abortion, I discovered that was not true. I have had surgery on my body to fix something or remove something and it did not leave me emotionally scarred like killing my child did. That decision affected many aspects of my life and every relationship I had for many years.
I am very aware that we need to step up our support and provide alternative solutions for these ladies that cannot afford to have a child, or simply do not want one. But choosing to take the child's life should never be a solution. Matter of fact if you kill a pregnant woman intentionally or by accident you will be charged with the death of her unborn child the same as you would for the mother's death. So how can that be law, but when the mother decides to kill her child, that's OK??!! The argument on having an abortion due to medical conditions and rape only account for 2% at the most of the abortions performed in the US. I do not stand in judgement of women who have made that choice, like I mentioned - I made that choice once myself. I believe there needs to be education for all of us including the fathers in these situations on what abortion really is. I honestly think women would choose another option if they knew the truth.
January is the Sanctity Of Life month. I have not heard much about it or viewed many posts about it, maybe we are asleep at the wheel again. There are lots of organizations that work tirelessly for the innocent, I am very grateful for eveything they do. What will change this horrific practice here is when we VOTE! My biggest peave in this passion is that I hear all kinds of people talk about the issue, even get involved on some level to do something about it...but when it comes to doing the most important thing of all they don't even bother to show up!! In most elections only 10-20% of the population shows up to vote!! Find out what the candidates stand for...then vote based upon those facts! I don't care what political party it is...all of them have their good and bad points but when it comes to a matter of life and death...your vote counts!!  Especially as women! You should read the history on when women began to ask for the right to vote! Many were beaten and tortured, some even killed...just so we as women in this country would have the right to vote. Use your right!!
I encourage you, please find a local organization you can help with. I volunteer at our local pregnancy center and I help with our local chapter of Bound4Life which is really an awesome group. If you want more info shoot me an email. Most of all educate yourself on the facts and the truth on abortion. There is lots of info and even video footage if you can take it on how abortions are performed. Once you have looked at all the facts and you still think we should have the right to kill our children if we want to...I would really love the opportunity to sit down over coffee with you and discuss it further. Because after all, it is a matter of life.. and death.

Well, I think I'll write about my second passion and it's peaves next time.....or my blog may turn into a book! LOL 

1 comment:

  1. I definitely understand your views. Personally I don't think I could abort if rape happened to me. I have a friend that made the choice to keep her baby resulting from a rape from a stranger, not someone she knew. To me, she is a very brave and strong woman. Whenever I look at her child, I can't imagine the world without him. He doesn't know how he was conceived, but he is getting to the age where he is asking questions about why his last name is different than his sibling's. She's terrified to tell him the truth. How would you handle that conversation?

    ReplyDelete